Programs & Services
In order to enhance our membership, the Northwest Municipal Conference provides a variety of programs and services designed to improve the operations of local government. These programs and services allow our members to combine their resources to reap savings on annual purchases, enhance the knowledge and skills of elected officials and local staff, and provide services in a more efficient manner.
Some of the highlights of the programs and services provided by the Northwest Municipal Conference include:
- A joint purchasing program that combines the buying power of our members that annually produces significant savings of over $10 million worth of products ranging from fire engines to paper products. The Conference also offers several environmentally conscious products such as the Ford Fusion and Ford Escape hybrid vehicles, Bio-Diesel and E-85 Fuels, bio-degradeable Janitorial Supplies and Recycled Copier Paper .
- Annual live auctions that attract hundreds of bidders looking for great deals on surplus vehicles and equipment,
- Training for elected officials on topics ranging from the mechanics of good government to computer network security to personnel development,
- A forum for settling local disputes between residents,
- Confidential assistance to help local government staff deal with personal issues,
- A forum for sharing information between communities.
In this section of the website, you will find additional information on some of the programs and services offered by the Northwest Municipal Conference.